Senior Platform Engineer / Senior DevOps (m/f/x)
As the IT of the REWE Group Austria, we work together with our more than 600 employees to develop innovative IT products and services for all our corporate divisions in Austria and abroad, setting the tone for modern trade.
Join the Integration Platform Team of REWE International AG and contribute to the operation, maintenance, and development of our Cloud-Native Integration Platform. Our platform focuses on maintainability, scalability, and ease of use, providing a range of services that simplify daily tasks for our product development teams. As a platform engineer, you will be responsible for creating infrastructure and integrating new products in a secure manner, enabling efficient development and execution of applications.
YOUR TASKS – AS DIVERSE AS OUR GROUP
- Develop and enhance the infrastructure for the future of e-commerce.
- Tackle complex and exciting infrastructure challenges within a cloud environment.
- Collaborate with a motivated developer team to build scalable automation that caters to a growing number of tenants.
- Evaluate and integrate new products, primarily within the CNCF space, into the integration platform
YOUR PROFILE – AS STRONG AS OUR BRANDS
- Overall Experience and Knowledge: As a future teammate, you should have a solid background in cloud native infrastructure and platform engineering which includes topics like IaC, GitOps, CI/CD, and basic security knowledge.
- Kubernetes Ecosystem Expertise: You should possess expertise in the Kubernetes ecosystem, specifically in building custom controllers/operators. Additionally, having a strong interest in maintaining high-quality logging and monitoring for the systems you build is important (EFK Stack, Prometheus, Grafana).
- Proficiency in Relevant Technologies: It is important for you to have hands-on experience with key technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, and Go programming. Additionally, familiarity with technologies like Service Mesh and Kafka would be advantageous for optimising system architecture and scalability.
- Understanding and Support: As a valued team member, your ability to understand and support the needs of application teams is crucial. You should actively seek insights and feedback, facilitating collaboration and empathy to enable the platform teams in overcoming their daily challenges.
- Communication and Teamwork: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are vital for effective collaboration with team members and stakeholders. You should be able to convey complex concepts clearly and concisely.
- Strong teamwork abilities, along with self-responsibility, organisational skills, and coordination abilities, will contribute to a cohesive and productive team environmen
OUR BENEFITS – AS CONVINCING AS OUR PRODUCT RANGE
- Long-term, interesting and varied work for a reliable employer in a supportive team.
- A family-friendly company culture with flexible working hours and remote working options available according to your individual needs.
- Numerous training and further development opportunities within the Group (5% of working time for self-organized training and education).
- Staff shopping and travel discounts.
- Easy public access.
An industry-standard, attractive and performance based annual gross salary starting at 58,000 Euro (on a full-time basis) with the possibility of higher pay according to experience and qualifications
No matter where you are in your career, we have a path for you. Whether you’re looking for your first job, advancement in your field, or a new career shift. We’re proud to employ great people who are passionate about their jobs. But they’re all different. No matter who you are, what you need and where you’re going, REWE Group can be a part of it. Apply now!
Please upload your resume to give us insight of your work experience - anonymously if you like!
We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment. Therefore, we welcome applications from people of different gender, age, cultural or social background, sexual identity and applications from people with disabilities. In addition, we would like to increase the proportion of women in technical professions and are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for this position.