(Senior) Java Backend Developer (m/f/x)
As IT of the REWE Group Austria, we work together with our more than 600 employees to develop innovative IT products and services for all our corporate divisions in Austria and abroad, setting the tone for modern trade.
In the role of Java Back-end Developer for Scan&Go you are part of a young team who creates a new way of everyday grocery purchases in Austria and abroad. Together with your team, international stakeholders and different departments you will work on and improve processes that make purchases with our Scan&Go app possible. You want to work in a stable corporate environment, in which you develop individual and innovative IT solutions for our trading companies in Austria and abroad? A strong team spirit as well as the exchange of knowledge with other developers is one of your strengths? Then you are in the right place!
YOUR TASKS – AS DIVERSE AS OUR GROUP
- Accompany the whole software development process as part of an agile product team
- Design and build products that are maintainable, extensible and scalable in an international context together with your team
- Find creative solutions for our challenges with your experience and by thinking out-of-the box
- Evaluate and implement new "state-of-the-art" solutions
- Help shape our technical landscape together with our Solution Architects
- Provide technical guidance and coaching for team members
YOUR PROFILE – AS STRONG AS OUR BRANDS
- Completed technical education with focus on IT (HTL, FH, TU) or comparable qualification
- Proven experience as Java backend developer with Spring (Boot) and Hibernate
- Knowledge of communication patterns within a distributed containerized system (preferably Kafka)
- Knowledge of relational databases as Oracle and PL/SQL
- Experience with REST, JSON, XML
- Cloud knowledge beneficial
- Team player who likes to share and discuss ideas
- Self-organized and goal-oriented way of working
- Good command of german is welcomed
OUR BENEFITS – AS CONVINCING AS OUR PRODUCT RANGE
- Long-term, interesting and varied work for a reliable employer in a supportive team
- A family-friendly company culture with flexible working hours and remote working options available according to your individual needs
- Numerous training and development opportunities within the Group (the chance to pursue a specialist or management career within the Group)
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making channels
- Staff shopping and travel discounts
- An industry-standard, attractive and performance based annual gross salary starting at 45.100 Euro (on a full-time basis) with the possibility of higher pay according to experience and qualifications
As we focus on diversity, we are also looking forward to receiving applications from people with disabilities.
No matter where you are in your career, we have a path for you. Whether you’re looking for your first job, advancement in your field, or a new career shift. We’re proud to employ great people who are passionate about their jobs. But they’re all different. No matter who you are, what you need and where you’re going, REWE Group can be a part of it. Apply now!
We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment. Therefore, we welcome applications from people of different gender, age, cultural or social background, sexual identity and applications from people with disabilities. In addition, we would like to increase the proportion of women in technical professions and are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for this position.